Bright, smooth Texture and Intriguing
Could not be more satisfied with our experience with Tanzania Kilimanjaro PB. This coffee beans are absolutely delicious! Give this one a try - you won’t regret it.
- Region: Kilimanjaro
- Varietal: KP, N39, Batian
- Elevation: 2000 - 2500 MASL
- Farmer: Mount Kilimanjaro Estate
- Process: Fully Washed
- Tasting Notes: Milk chocolate, Pear, White Grape.
- Harvest: 2020
FLAVORS: Grape, Honey, Smooth
CUPPING: Pear, Grape, honey, Spices
CUP PROFILE: A medium acidity and body are happy complements to notes of red currant, brown spice and caramel.
ABOUT THIS COFFEE
- This coffee comes from smallholder holders who belong to the Mamsera, Mahida and Kirwa Keni cooperative groups in the Kilimanjaro district. These co-ops deliver their coffee to the Rafiki coffee mill, which completes the production of nearly 60 percent of all coffee in northern Tanzania. The Kirwa Keni cooperative, in the Rombo district, was established in the 1980s as a member of the Kilimanjaro Native Co-operative Union (KNCU)—the first and oldest co-op in Tanzania, dating to 1925. The Mamsera cooperative is led by Mrs. Mary Shayo, its acting secretary, who is known to many as simply “Mamsera.” The co-op is renowned for producing some of the best coffees in the country, thanks in large part to Mary’s leadership