250g /bag (MICROLOT : Bourbon Pointu Coffee beans Premium Maison du Laurina)
RARE COFFEE Must Try Coffee very perfume witch develop in nose and in the mouth
Region: West Valley.
Micro-Region: Naranjo, Lourdes.
Micro-Mill: Sumava de Lourdes.
Producer: Fabio Ruiz Vargas.
Altitude: 1400 masl.
Tasting Notes: Jasmine and Yellow peach, tea like.
- Grind size: Course grounds (30 click CMD)
- Dose: 15g Water: 250g Temp(93C)
- 0.00 Pour 40g of water
- 0.30 pour another 70g slowly
- 1.00 pour 70g
- 1.30 pour 70 g
2.30 mins TBT
- RUVA 'Laurina' is unlike most other coffees. The Laurina varietal has half the caffeine of most Arabicas. Caffeine is a natural insecticide, so it requires incredible skill and attention to produce. In the past, these difficulties lead it to the brink of extinction! A single arabica coffee bean contains six milligrams of caffeine. By dry weight, an arabica coffee bean is between 1.2 – 1.5 percent caffeine. This means that it contains 1.2 – 1.5g of caffeine per 100g (3.5oz).
- Despite containing half the levels of caffeine, most strains of arabica still have significant caffeine levels that are more than enough to disrupt sleep or cause upset to those with a sensitivity to caffeine. Originally discovered in the 18th century, Laurina almost went extinct due to its delicate nature. Caffeine acts as a natural insecticide, so lower amounts of caffeine results in a plant that is receptive to disease, requiring a lot of care.
- The varietal is called Bourbon Pointu after the unique pointy shape of both the tree and its beans, and its Reunion Island origins (formerly known as Bourbon). Fortunately, Don Fabio Ruiz Vargas is up for the challenge. He's an expert in soil management, crop production and leads his family's coffee farm that's been active for the last 70 years! Don Fabio called on the help of award-winning producer, Francisco Mena (Sumava) to have this lot Bourbon Pointu processed. And the results are incredible.