Extremely Rare & Exceptional...Panama La Esmeralda Geisha special 2020 Now Available For a grab. LOT: Special HIGO 5M Processed: Washed 65g ( 4 serves (15g each) + 5 g (fushing/Testing)
Tasting notes: Orange Blossom, Bergamot, Jasmine, Violet, White Flower, Silky and balanced cup.
Farm: El Velo
Altitude: 1763+ Masl
Process: Washed, Fermented with must for 72 hrs then Dry in African raised beds for 8 day.
HIGO 5M is a part of the Esmeralda Special Reserve, an award-winning coffee collection that has garnered continuous international prizes since it was first introduced fifteen years ago. It is sold by direct trade, outside of the Esmeralda Auction, in small quantities.
- JIBBILITTLE ROASTING CO. Coffee Roasters was very fortunate to have purchased a small amount from this auction. At Esmeralda, they hand-pick the ripest, reddest cherries. Their careful attention ensures an elegant and complex cup, with notes of jasmine, stone fruit and bergamot. Nurtured in the volcanic soils of Boquete and sprinkled with the mists of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, this is an exceptional Esmeralda Geisha. To produce this coffee, only recycled water sourced from the nearby highlands was used. Proceeds from this coffee have also gone to programs such as school for the pickers’ children during harvest with meals and accomodation provided at the farm including a bi-annual bonus of at least 30%.
- It is an absolute pleasure to roast this coffee and serve it to our customers. I hope you enjoy it as much as i do. I am so prided myself on offering fantastic coffees for all of my customers for this "rare and exceptional" selections, simply because the lots were so small and very special . La Esmeralda Geisha is one of those coffees.
- Once i had the chance to taste it, i fell in love for the classic Geisha that really need to share it with other coffee lovers... About the Hacienda La Esmeralda Among the myriad producers who supply roasters and consumers with amazing coffees, there are a few stars whose light shines so brightly they are known simply by their name.
- One of these stars is Hacienda La Esmeralda, located on the southeastern slopes of Volcán Barú in far-western Panama. La Esmeralda consists of four distinct farms – two of which produce geisha, the heirloom cultivar originally from Ethiopia for which La Esmeralda first gained fame. Ever since it was introduced at the annual "Best of Panama" competition in 2004 (which it handily won), the La Esmeralda Geisha has retained its star power.
- Geisha has a truly unique flavor that cannot be described and instead has to be tasted to be believed. Since it's an heirloom cultivar from Ethiopia it resembles a high-quality washed Yirgacheffe, but it has a distinct profile that specialty coffee professionals can immediately recognize. Geishas are now produced around the world, but it's La Esmeralda that made it famous, and we simply couldn't pass up this opportunity.
- JIBBILITTLE is thrilled to offer this exceptional coffee so that customers can experience its unique profile. With notes of jasmine and lemongrass enhanced by a silky body, Panama La Esmeralda Geisha is simply unparalleled.